My notes section in outlook has disappeared. How do I get it back?

Anonymous
2023-02-14T08:02:36+00:00

I went into outlook and when I tried to get into the notes section, the section on the toolbar had disappeared.

I keep a lot of important information in that section, how do I get it back.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-02T19:17:52+00:00

    Try this: Web Your sticky notes also sync with the web. Go to www.onenote.com/stickynotes to view them. You might have to log in to your preferred browser with your Microsoft account credentials.

    I have done this and been able to retrieve my notes and it’s made me feel lot better that at least some are there !! Hope this helps and works for you!! It didnt work on outlook browser but worked on my iphone safari browser..

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T16:20:33+00:00

    Thanks for all the advice on this thread :)

    I had located notes after a bit of research, but I find it REALLY irritating now my notes are all jumbled up. I can't seem to put them in alphabetical order which is how I like them (and how I used to be able to 'sort' on the previous version of Outlook).

    I'm not against upgrading stuff, but why is the functionality removed? Argh...

    Any advice most gratefully received :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-14T16:03:26+00:00

    Noted disappeared

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-10T21:42:15+00:00

    I did the repair function on Outlook (2016), but when I restarted Outlook, there still was no folder for Notes visible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-24T21:20:46+00:00

    Today, I fixed the problem of my missing archived 'Notes' through a few updates.

    You need to switch to the classic Outlook.

    1. In your new Outlook, click the menu: Help -- "Go To the Classic Outlook."
    2. In the Classic Outlook view, you should find your 'Notes' aligned with the email, calendar, etc., icons at the left-hand bottom of your classic Outlook.
    3. Click to open 'Notes,' and you will see all your "Notes"—both current and archived—listed.
    4. Copy & paste all your "Notes" in "In-Place Archive" to your current/non-archived 'Notes.' This step will merge all your existing notes with the archived notes in one place, which you can access from Outlook Webmail.

    Additional tips:

    All your available notes can be easily accessible by using the 'Type here to search" box at the left-hand bottom of Windows, searching "Sticky Notes", where is the new home for all your "Notes"

    Hope this works for you! Merry Christmas!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments