My notes section in outlook has disappeared. How do I get it back?

Anonymous
2023-02-14T08:02:36+00:00

I went into outlook and when I tried to get into the notes section, the section on the toolbar had disappeared.

I keep a lot of important information in that section, how do I get it back.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-14T19:52:40+00:00

    This happened to me when I began using Office 365. In order to get Notes back, I had to do this:

    To the left of "File" there is a list of shortcuts. If you hover it will say what it is: "Mail", "Calendar", etc. The box with the 4 little boxes inside is the "More Apps". If you click that one you will see "Notes" there. Right-click on it and then "Pin" should show up. Click to pin it. Notes should then appear alongside all the other shortcuts/apps. You can drag it up to bring it above other apps on the list.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-21T16:21:26+00:00

    How can I find my notes in Outlook on a MAC?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-06-29T17:01:20+00:00

    This is what I was looking for, Thanks!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-06-30T09:17:32+00:00

    wow so simple thanks this helped thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-10T00:13:41+00:00

    I tried all your suggestions. When I type (Windows-R") outlook.exe /resetnavpane, I get a message: Windows cannot find outlook.exe/resetnavpane. I have uninstalled, rebooted, and re-installed multiple times. Nothing changes. On the same day, I uninstalled and reinstalled Office on two different computers, one with a Xeon chip and one is a Dell notebook. Both installations show my Notes folder correctly. Both show multiple "apps" as options on the bar for apps. The problem computer does not show these apps--only Word, Excel, Powerpoint and OneNote.

    However, the notes folder is present on the problem computer, but it is located as a folder in the InBox. I cannot move it. ? I can see a note, and probably can search for items, but it is nearly impossible to read, this is not a solution.

    What else can I try

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments