My notes section in outlook has disappeared. How do I get it back?

Anonymous
2023-02-14T08:02:36+00:00

I went into outlook and when I tried to get into the notes section, the section on the toolbar had disappeared.

I keep a lot of important information in that section, how do I get it back.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-14T09:12:51+00:00

    Hi Rachel

    I'm AnnaThomas and I'd be happy to help you with your question. In this Forum, we are Microsoft consumers just like yourself.

    Here are a few things you can try to get the Notes section back in Outlook:

    Go to the "View" tab in Outlook and click on "Navigation Pane". Make sure that "Notes" is checked.

    Check if the Notes section is hidden. Go to the "View" tab, click on "Folder Pane", and select "Normal".

    If the above steps don't work, try resetting the Navigation Pane. Close Outlook, press and hold the "Windows key" + "R", type "outlook.exe /resetnavpane" in the Run box, and then press Enter.

    If none of the above steps work, try repairing your Outlook installation by going to the "Control Panel", selecting "Programs and Features", right-clicking on Microsoft Office, and selecting "Change". From there, select "Online Repair" and follow the prompts.

    Hopefully, one of these steps will help you get your Notes section back in Outlook.

    I hope this helps ;-), let me know if this is contrary to what you need, I would still be helpful to answer more of your questions.

    Best Regards,

    AnnaThomas

    Give back to the community. Help the next person with this problem by indicating whether this answer solved your problem. Click Yes or No at the bottom.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-27T11:53:32+00:00

    Hello AnnaThomas,

    I encountered the same problem on the web version of Outlook.

    Until a few days ago, I found my notes under: https://outlook.office.com/mail/notes, now when I try to load it, it automatically changes to https://outlook.office.com/mail and there is no way for me to access or find my notes.

    Would be very grateful for any ideas!

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-27T14:44:45+00:00

    Hello AnnaThomas,

    I encountered the same problem on the web version of Outlook.

    Until a few days ago, I found my notes under: https://outlook.office.com/mail/notes, now when I try to load it, it automatically changes to https://outlook.office.com/mail and there is no way for me to access or find my notes.

    Would be very grateful for any ideas!

    We have a user in our org that is experiencing this issue today too. Their notes folder disappeared from Outlook for the web this morning however all the notes are still synced in Sticky Notes / OneNote.

    No options in Outlook to 're-enable' the folder or make it visible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-05-30T20:22:56+00:00

    I solved this problem as follows:-

    • Go to File / Outlook Options and select Advanced.
    • In the 'Outlook Start and Exit' section, select the 'Notes' folder.
    • Save and restart Outlook.

    When Outlook restarted, the Notes folder should be displayed - but more importantly, the Notes icon should appear in the Navigation Panel.

    • Right-click on the Notes icon it and select Pin.

    You can then reset the start folder in Outlook Start and Exit. The notes Icon will remain pinned on the Navigation Panel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    200+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-03T03:02:57+00:00

    Hi Rachel

    if you just started using the New Outlook then Note disappears from the Left hand Tool Bar.

    You will find a folder called "Notes" beneath the Archive folder in the menu Box where In Box and Sent Items folders are down the bottom of that.

    Open that folder and you will find all your notes.

    Drag that folder to the top to your favourites for easy access (the favourite is just a link to the folder below)

    You can create new notes once you have clocked on the Notes folder

    hopefully this is what you are looking for

    I was having the same problem trying to find all my notes until noticed the notes folder

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments