My notes section in outlook has disappeared. How do I get it back?

Anonymous
2023-02-14T08:02:36+00:00

I went into outlook and when I tried to get into the notes section, the section on the toolbar had disappeared.

I keep a lot of important information in that section, how do I get it back.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-14T17:08:22+00:00

    Hi Rachel I'm AnnaThomas and I'd be happy to help you with your question. In this Forum, we are Microsoft consumers just like yourself. Here are a few things you can try to get the Notes section back in Outlook: Go to the "View" tab in Outlook and click on "Navigation Pane". Make sure that "Notes" is checked. Check if the Notes section is hidden. Go to the "View" tab, click on "Folder Pane", and select "Normal". If the above steps don't work, try resetting the Navigation Pane. Close Outlook, press and hold the "Windows key" + "R", type "outlook.exe /resetnavpane" in the Run box, and then press Enter. If none of the above steps work, try repairing your Outlook installation by going to the "Control Panel", selecting "Programs and Features", right-clicking on Microsoft Office, and selecting "Change". From there, select "Online Repair" and follow the prompts. Hopefully, one of these steps will help you get your Notes section back in Outlook. I hope this helps ;-), let me know if this is contrary to what you need, I would still be helpful to answer more of your questions. Best Regards, AnnaThomas Give back to the community. Help the next person with this problem by indicating whether this answer solved your problem. Click Yes or No at the bottom.

    None of the suggested methods work. There is no "Navigation Pane" option under View. The run command "outlook.exe/resetnavpane" does not work. I am afraid of the consequences of

    repairing Microsoft Office!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-14T17:07:48+00:00

    None of the suggested methods work. There is no "Navigation Pane" option under View. The run command "outlook.exe/resetnavpane" does not work. I am afraid of the consequences of

    repairing Microsoft Office!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-28T15:59:15+00:00

    Hello Drohl,

    After twenty-two-years of Apple everything and Apple only, we switched back to Windows. Our reasoning is we became fed-up with the Apple products software and hardware inconsistencies and compromises we had to endure between Mac and Windows. Be aware, Apple computers hold about 7%-ish of the Worlds computing market. It did not make any sense banging our heads against the wall attempting to be compatible. Truly, it is not any longer cool being an Apple person living behind their forbidden walled garden. Oh, after eleven years iPhone only, we switched to Samsung. After the first week of Samsung Galaxy we knew we made the correct decision. Our now five-year-old Samsung Note 20 continues to have more business productivity features than the latest iPhone. We often wonder why we did not make this switch long ago; it must have been Apple's Reality Distortion Field.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-24T21:20:46+00:00

    Today, I fixed the problem of my missing archived 'Notes' through a few updates.

    You need to switch to the classic Outlook.

    1. In your new Outlook, click the menu: Help -- "Go To the Classic Outlook."
    2. In the Classic Outlook view, you should find your 'Notes' aligned with the email, calendar, etc., icons at the left-hand bottom of your classic Outlook.
    3. Click to open 'Notes,' and you will see all your "Notes"—both current and archived—listed.
    4. Copy & paste all your "Notes" in "In-Place Archive" to your current/non-archived 'Notes.' This step will merge all your existing notes with the archived notes in one place, which you can access from Outlook Webmail.

    Additional tips:

    All your available notes can be easily accessible by using the 'Type here to search" box at the left-hand bottom of Windows, searching "Sticky Notes", where is the new home for all your "Notes"

    Hope this works for you! Merry Christmas!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T16:20:33+00:00

    Thanks for all the advice on this thread :)

    I had located notes after a bit of research, but I find it REALLY irritating now my notes are all jumbled up. I can't seem to put them in alphabetical order which is how I like them (and how I used to be able to 'sort' on the previous version of Outlook).

    I'm not against upgrading stuff, but why is the functionality removed? Argh...

    Any advice most gratefully received :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments