My notes section in outlook has disappeared. How do I get it back?

Anonymous
2023-02-14T08:02:36+00:00

I went into outlook and when I tried to get into the notes section, the section on the toolbar had disappeared.

I keep a lot of important information in that section, how do I get it back.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-27T14:44:45+00:00

    Hello AnnaThomas,

    I encountered the same problem on the web version of Outlook.

    Until a few days ago, I found my notes under: https://outlook.office.com/mail/notes, now when I try to load it, it automatically changes to https://outlook.office.com/mail and there is no way for me to access or find my notes.

    Would be very grateful for any ideas!

    We have a user in our org that is experiencing this issue today too. Their notes folder disappeared from Outlook for the web this morning however all the notes are still synced in Sticky Notes / OneNote.

    No options in Outlook to 're-enable' the folder or make it visible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-21T16:14:29+00:00

    Is this for the new version of Outlook? I can't find anything in the new version for notes and the support person won't answer me anymore - they just told me to find it in Folders, but I also don't know where folders are!

    Look in your mail folders where Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, etc are listed. You should see Notes in there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-10T00:13:41+00:00

    I tried all your suggestions. When I type (Windows-R") outlook.exe /resetnavpane, I get a message: Windows cannot find outlook.exe/resetnavpane. I have uninstalled, rebooted, and re-installed multiple times. Nothing changes. On the same day, I uninstalled and reinstalled Office on two different computers, one with a Xeon chip and one is a Dell notebook. Both installations show my Notes folder correctly. Both show multiple "apps" as options on the bar for apps. The problem computer does not show these apps--only Word, Excel, Powerpoint and OneNote.

    However, the notes folder is present on the problem computer, but it is located as a folder in the InBox. I cannot move it. ? I can see a note, and probably can search for items, but it is nearly impossible to read, this is not a solution.

    What else can I try

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-06-21T16:21:26+00:00

    How can I find my notes in Outlook on a MAC?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-29T17:01:20+00:00

    This is what I was looking for, Thanks!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments