Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
Thankssssss
Reverting to old Outlook solved the issue and I am now able to export mails from previous email account and import them into the new email account.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Installed Office365/Outlook on a brand new Mac running Monterey and setup my email account. Need to import a PST from previous computer. File > Import (and Export) are greyed out. Mac user is an admin.
Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thankssssss
Reverting to old Outlook solved the issue and I am now able to export mails from previous email account and import them into the new email account.
I have had the Google popup for a few days now. I could not get in to my email account Telus through Google. I had to resort to the new look and also the "File" Import is greyed out. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of MS Office Home & Business 2021 and it made no difference.
I agree with the sentiment "Outlook for Mac is ****" especially "new Look" New look is more than new look and changes the operation of the software do to bad code.
I have multiple issues starting with getting a message to sign in the Google for my Gmail. after a while, it stopped working altogether and not until I switched to NewLook was I able to get it work at all. Another funny thing is- I have another machine at work, and that works fine. I tried to fix the legacy version by removing the account and not it won't let me put it back in and is asking me to sign in to Goggle but goes in to a loop. The Newlook is useless and I don't have access to any old emails even when i do a Finder search. i can find the email, but it will not open. I have only access to emails on the Google server. I tried two sessions trying to use the "import data from your computer" and after 16 hours each, the program crashed.
I believe Microsoft use to have a Mac support team but no longer. even if you get through to somebody, no one knows the program at all.
i've come to the conclusion this will not get fixed without a class action and Microsoft totally rewriting the code.
In the meantime what can one do? I've never used apple mail but is that an option? Or is there another work around?
But, Old Outlook is not configuring my gmail account. Signing into gmail account goes into a loop.
Just in case anyone is still looking for a solution for importing calendars to your new Outlook calendar...
I imported my Google calendars to the new Outlook by exporting them for Google Calendar as .ical files which then downloaded my many Google Calendars in a zip folder. I then opened them up and dragged the actual .ical file for each calendar onto my Outlook calendar. The little green plus sign showed up and I dropped it and then it brought up the confirmation message asking if I wanted to import the calendar.
Seemed to work - not ideally but it worked.