Import greyed out in Outlook for Mac

Anonymous
2022-02-19T12:18:08+00:00

Installed Office365/Outlook on a brand new Mac running Monterey and setup my email account. Need to import a PST from previous computer. File > Import (and Export) are greyed out. Mac user is an admin.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T03:22:48+00:00

    Marty Wong...having spent 15 years living in Shenzhen PRC...you'll know its a shared sense of humour when I say "Marty you are not "wong"...you are so spot on"..., I, too have wasted at least 5-6 hours thinking I am an effwit not being able to work this out. Thanks for restoring my sanity at least. Happy New Year Xin Nian Kua Le or Gong Xi Fa Cai.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-30T22:13:38+00:00

    In Outlook version 16.68 I can no longer find the option to switch between old/new Outlook. And the Import meny item is still greyed out. Is it then impossible to import .pst files in Outlook?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-28T17:00:43+00:00

    New Outlook is almost entirely unusable.

    You also cannot update sender contact information (the name that appears in peoples inboxes) from that app. You have to log into the admin portal, change the contact info, remove the account from Outlook and re-add it to get the change to show up.

    I spent 2 hours trying to get my noreply email to not show my full name on outgoing emails.

    :/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-09-20T09:05:05+00:00

    I too have the same issue of the export/import is greyed out. My toggle button is also missing - no longer on the top right corner.

    I am trying to export some calendar events to excel so that I can generate a report and assess some data analytics.

    same issue pliz help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments