Import greyed out in Outlook for Mac

Anonymous
2022-02-19T12:18:08+00:00

Installed Office365/Outlook on a brand new Mac running Monterey and setup my email account. Need to import a PST from previous computer. File > Import (and Export) are greyed out. Mac user is an admin.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-03-09T22:55:25+00:00

    Hi,

    I have the same issue. Because Contact Lists are not shown in the new Outlook, I reverted to old Outlook. I managed to export my Contacts (assuming including Contact Lists). I went to new Outlook afterwards. Now I cannot import as it is grey out as below:

    I have a Microsoft account added to new Outlook and I am not sure why it is so impossible to import contacts in macOS Outlook version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-04-02T00:43:14+00:00

    did this and the "import" is not greyed out but i want to import a calendar file .ics

    and there is no option to import a calendar file

    only outlook data from other editions and os's

    what gives microsoft ?

    why can't we easily import our contacts and calendar ?

    so darn frustrating ... and sloppy

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-03-29T14:06:26+00:00

    I am also having the same issue please help to resolve this....

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-02T03:17:21+00:00

    Tommy, this still is not fixed - why can't you just fix the new outlook instead of having us spend ages hacking about with stupid work arounds. it is not good enough.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-04-02T00:55:38+00:00

    i am not greyed out for import but there are no options for importing contacts or calendars only outlook formats

    just exactly how am i supposed to get calendars and contacts into outlook ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments