Where, Oh Where, Is the File Tab in Outlook 365???

Anonymous
2023-05-11T02:11:34+00:00

I am migrating from an old desktop PC that is utilizing Microsoft 2019 to a new laptop that is using Outlook 365 (subscription). I want to move my .pst file from Outlook 2019 to my new laptop and Outlook 365. There is NO FILE TAB in Outlook 365. How do I direct Outlook where to look for the .pst file???

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-05-11T02:47:27+00:00

Hello WIUser

Are you using Outlook on the web or Outlook that was installed with Office? Type Outlook on the start menu to open the desktop app - its called Outlook app.

It looks nearly identical to Outlook 2019 as seem in my second screenshot.

-- Diane

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-18T17:32:27+00:00

    I'm an old man born in 1960 prior to anything resembling computer use for the general public, or cybertechnology. Over the past 35 years it has been apparent to me that ANYTIME anything in this rhelm is new, "improved," or upgraded, it means at least a couple of months time spent by tech people as well as users trying to figure out why something that wasn't broken in the first place must ALWAYS be "fixed." Then, by the time the bugs are worked out, there's yet another so called "improvement." Not only a constant frustration, but now we're all more vulnerable than ever. Can one of these tech guys work on a time machine and get me back to about 1980?

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T01:09:33+00:00

    When I turned off the "New Outlook" toggle, the old version will not open. Once I selected the New version, I can no longer go back to the Old.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T01:13:52+00:00

    Going back to the old, or "classic", Outlook is not an option. The old executable won't fire, whether the "New Outlook" toggle switch is on or off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T01:18:11+00:00

    I have a very similar problem, in that there is no "Send/Receive" tab available. In classic Outlook, that is where you can set "Work Offline" so that sent emails go to the Outbox. And since the old version now won't fire up now that I am using the new (whether the toggle switch is On or Off), I am stuck without that capability.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments