Where, Oh Where, Is the File Tab in Outlook 365???

Anonymous
2023-05-11T02:11:34+00:00

I am migrating from an old desktop PC that is utilizing Microsoft 2019 to a new laptop that is using Outlook 365 (subscription). I want to move my .pst file from Outlook 2019 to my new laptop and Outlook 365. There is NO FILE TAB in Outlook 365. How do I direct Outlook where to look for the .pst file???

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-05-11T02:47:27+00:00

Hello WIUser

Are you using Outlook on the web or Outlook that was installed with Office? Type Outlook on the start menu to open the desktop app - its called Outlook app.

It looks nearly identical to Outlook 2019 as seem in my second screenshot.

-- Diane

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-22T17:29:52+00:00

    Interesting that Microsoft would take away functionality and then slowly return it - if they want to. How do I switch to Classic Outlook in Outlook 365 in the meantime? I'm new to Outlook as everyone I talked to swears by it but so far not impressed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-20T19:52:07+00:00

    Hi. I also don't have file tab. I did as you suggested and switched to Classic Outlook (mine says Classic ribbon) but still no file tab. See screenshot below.

    Image

    My husband's Outlook has the file tab. I note that in the right hand upper corner of his email, it reflects "Try the new Outlook " and he has it turned off. I read somewhere to try turning off "Try the new Outlook" in order to bring back the file tab. I can't see "Try the new Outlook" in my Outlook. How do I bring this toggle back?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-17T19:00:39+00:00

    Per Microsoft Engineer (11/17/23):

    "We've had a few people reach out regarding the New Outlook experience, mostly about changes and items missing.  Currently it's in an early release stage, so it's missing a good bit of the functionality of the Outlook we've been used to for quite some time.As yourself and the forum posts have mentioned, there is currently no File tab. Other important features such as the ability to import/export .pst files for mail and contacts is missing, and you can't have double spaced emails for viewing, just as some examples.Microsoft will be implementing features back into the new Outlook that were not ready for it's initial release, this is more like a trial run to gauge feedback on the new UI and layout, which is much more akin to Outlook on the web. Outlook on Mac has been going through a similar release for the past year or so with features being added gradually before finalization.For the time being, if you need to access missing features, such as import/export, we recommend using the Classic Outlook experience until the new version is more fleshed out and finalized. There's no ETA on the rollout for the finished product, but the classic Outlook will continue to be useable for the foreseeable future."

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments