Where, Oh Where, Is the File Tab in Outlook 365???

Anonymous
2023-05-11T02:11:34+00:00

I am migrating from an old desktop PC that is utilizing Microsoft 2019 to a new laptop that is using Outlook 365 (subscription). I want to move my .pst file from Outlook 2019 to my new laptop and Outlook 365. There is NO FILE TAB in Outlook 365. How do I direct Outlook where to look for the .pst file???

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-05-11T02:47:27+00:00

Hello WIUser

Are you using Outlook on the web or Outlook that was installed with Office? Type Outlook on the start menu to open the desktop app - its called Outlook app.

It looks nearly identical to Outlook 2019 as seem in my second screenshot.

-- Diane

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-04T13:43:23+00:00

    This is nuts. I just want to be able to go to the file menu but it doesn't exist. I too have tried going back to the classic view, but still no file tab. How on earth do you hide a tab that is this important? Really poor.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-03T16:09:03+00:00

    Microsoft did what they always do updating software...If It Ain't Broke -BREAK IT!

    Tried to import a list of comma delimited email addresses into the "New" Outlook 2019 like I've successfully done a million times before without any problems - but no! not this time! And of course, I find this out trying to send an important email to a group of folks that now I can no longer simply Bcc and hit send.

    So, now after Googling **** for several hours, I find out that MS sent out what is essentially a Beta release without functoriality that a huge number of people like me depend on. -UNACCEPTABLE! But wait there's more. It seems the fix/workaround to my email address import issue requires the selection of an option from the "File" menu that - DOESEN'T EXIST! in either the "New" or "Classic" Outlook. I've tried both versions, no File Tab/Button.

    Hey MS so-called engineers, can you at least EXPEDITE and PUSH getting File functionality back into the New BETA-Version of Outlook so we can use it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T05:56:50+00:00

    I've tried reverting to the classic view - by turning off the slider that says "New Outlook" The program restarts - but no matter how many times I do this, it always comes back up as the new interface. This is ridiculous - I left a job, moved my damn contacts into a pst file, and now the information is inaccessible to me. Come on Microsoft - PSTs have been an integral part of Outlook for a long time. Did you really think you could just not include them on a release and say "Oh, we'll get to that later." ?!?

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T18:58:34+00:00

    That doesn't do anything

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments