Where, Oh Where, Is the File Tab in Outlook 365???

Anonymous
2023-05-11T02:11:34+00:00

I am migrating from an old desktop PC that is utilizing Microsoft 2019 to a new laptop that is using Outlook 365 (subscription). I want to move my .pst file from Outlook 2019 to my new laptop and Outlook 365. There is NO FILE TAB in Outlook 365. How do I direct Outlook where to look for the .pst file???

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-05-11T02:47:27+00:00

Hello WIUser

Are you using Outlook on the web or Outlook that was installed with Office? Type Outlook on the start menu to open the desktop app - its called Outlook app.

It looks nearly identical to Outlook 2019 as seem in my second screenshot.

-- Diane

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-10T18:05:15+00:00

    I hear you loud and clear. Had a great 2019 Outlook app and MS So-Called engineers decided to break it. Despicable! :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-10T14:20:55+00:00

    Just to make it clear, I was forced to use the new Office 365 as part of a repair of my system, and I am now stuck with it. I am stuck with a seriously flawed application. Access to thousands of archived files in my PST file has been lost. How come MS forces me to use an admittedly immature test version of Outlook? This is complete garbage.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-07T02:40:43+00:00

    If you look through the thread you'll see that many of us have tried that option (turning off the "new outlook") with no effect. This is really frustrating as we followed the right course of action - moving our content to a PST file for safety - and Microsoft let us down *again* ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-07T01:38:04+00:00

    A possible solution for some of you, since Microsoft cannot be bothered to provide one, is to disable the "Try the new Outlook" option (see screenshot). This made the File menu appear for me, I hope it helps others.

    Image

    Yes it works!

    And please enter the feedback so Microsoft will add it back:

    Reason "missing functionality"

    Description "no File tab"

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments