Where, Oh Where, Is the File Tab in Outlook 365???

Anonymous
2023-05-11T02:11:34+00:00

I am migrating from an old desktop PC that is utilizing Microsoft 2019 to a new laptop that is using Outlook 365 (subscription). I want to move my .pst file from Outlook 2019 to my new laptop and Outlook 365. There is NO FILE TAB in Outlook 365. How do I direct Outlook where to look for the .pst file???

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-05-11T02:47:27+00:00

Hello WIUser

Are you using Outlook on the web or Outlook that was installed with Office? Type Outlook on the start menu to open the desktop app - its called Outlook app.

It looks nearly identical to Outlook 2019 as seem in my second screenshot.

-- Diane

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-05T16:26:00+00:00

    This whole situation is so frustrating.

    We have toggled back and forth between the New outlook and the classic outlook, No File Tab.

    Not able to set up folders like we had before.

    Also the new 365 does not support POP3 email, this is a huge issue for us.

    We were able to get emails into outlook, but cannot send from same account.

    And without the FILE tab can't even set a default send account.

    Using the desktop version. it was fine before we upgraded to Windows 11.

    All the answers are the same, MS is working on it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T23:52:07+00:00

    Just FYTI - this doesn't always work. When I click the old icon and it brings up the stupid new interface. I am now looking for a replacement email interface ... if Microsoft is going to pull this **** I'll find an alternative program.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T01:31:07+00:00

    I finally figured out that Outlook Classic can still be accessed by clicking the Windows symbol and selecting Outlook from the long list of applications, and in my system Outlook appears right above Outlook (new). In my case, the entire operating system and applications had been newly installed. I was able to find the old PST folder and import it. Of course, emails that were sent received via the new Outlook are only visible in the new Outlook application. So, right now, I am living with two incarnations of Outlook until the emails from several weeks of Outlook new usage become stale.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T01:18:11+00:00

    I have a very similar problem, in that there is no "Send/Receive" tab available. In classic Outlook, that is where you can set "Work Offline" so that sent emails go to the Outbox. And since the old version now won't fire up now that I am using the new (whether the toggle switch is On or Off), I am stuck without that capability.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments