Where, Oh Where, Is the File Tab in Outlook 365???

Anonymous
2023-05-11T02:11:34+00:00

I am migrating from an old desktop PC that is utilizing Microsoft 2019 to a new laptop that is using Outlook 365 (subscription). I want to move my .pst file from Outlook 2019 to my new laptop and Outlook 365. There is NO FILE TAB in Outlook 365. How do I direct Outlook where to look for the .pst file???

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-05-11T02:47:27+00:00

Hello WIUser

Are you using Outlook on the web or Outlook that was installed with Office? Type Outlook on the start menu to open the desktop app - its called Outlook app.

It looks nearly identical to Outlook 2019 as seem in my second screenshot.

-- Diane

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-07T16:34:14+00:00

    That screenshot is from the old style Office 365, which did indeed have a File tab. The new one doesn't have a file tab. There's a whole thread about it in the MS Community forums with lots of people complaining, and the official answer seems to be "that's right, there isn't meant to be a file tab". Setting out of office replies does depend on there being a file tab, so not sure why MS decided to remove a huge raft of functionality.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-10T04:01:18+00:00

    This is not the answer for those using outlook 365 online.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-10T18:05:15+00:00

    I hear you loud and clear. Had a great 2019 Outlook app and MS So-Called engineers decided to break it. Despicable! :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-20T19:52:07+00:00

    Hi. I also don't have file tab. I did as you suggested and switched to Classic Outlook (mine says Classic ribbon) but still no file tab. See screenshot below.

    Image

    My husband's Outlook has the file tab. I note that in the right hand upper corner of his email, it reflects "Try the new Outlook " and he has it turned off. I read somewhere to try turning off "Try the new Outlook" in order to bring back the file tab. I can't see "Try the new Outlook" in my Outlook. How do I bring this toggle back?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments