Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
That did the trick! Josh, I dub you King of the Hidden Settings!
Thanks -
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I prefer the look and productivity of the old version of tasks with red flags and easy overview. The new one is not as clear and intuitive. How do I revert it back to that. Hint, I didn't opt in for the new outlook look, so the button on the top right corner already says off for the new version, but my to do list decided to switch anyway - very annoying. Please help me figure it out.
Many thanks!
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
That did the trick! Josh, I dub you King of the Hidden Settings!
Thanks -
Thanks, Josh. So, followed these steps and the tasks open in the old style - if I open them directly from the task tab.
If I open them from the reminder window, they open in the new format.
What the heck?! Anyone have this happening?
Josh, any chance you can outline how you got to this sync setting? I can't find it. Thanks -
Thank you!!
Hello Marina,
Welcome to Microsoft Community and appreciate your time taken for sharing detailed information. It seems that we switched from the new version of outlook to the classic version, but the task view did not switch back. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused to you.
Sometimes after we switch versions, there may be a small number of Settings not successfully switched. Have you tried to restart the computer and outlook to see if there is any change in our task? If it’s still not work, we suggest to reinstall the old version of outlook.
If unfortunately, our task view still does not recover, we may need to submit a ticket in the Outlook to investigate the reason. To contact in-app outlook support for more professional support, please kindly click Help- Contact support.
Your kind cooperation and patience are highly appreciated.
Warm Regards