Gmail / Google - Browser does not support Javascript when trying to add gmail account to Outlook 365

Anonymous
2022-04-09T14:24:14+00:00

I am lost and google search providing no answers!

I am getting a strange issue when trying to add my google account to Outlook 365

When adding a gmail account and connecting to google for auth, I am able to enter my email address, type of account, but after I submit my password I get the following error. 

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/56154c60-ca66-4ac6-a759-b1896b2e5424?platform=QnA I thought Outllok app was using old IE or Edge in a small window so I checked to make sure scripts were enabled (IE11) and it is, checked Edge java setting - enabled. I even lowered security for the Internet zone to Medium and still no go My default browser in Windows is set to Chrome, it does have Javascript enabled as well - I use the gmail link all the time no issue and to check, I disabled Java in chrom and couldn't access gmail link, so I re-enabled it.

Apart from check this java setting in this browser, is there anyone that can get current google mail to work with current Outlook 365?

Thanks for any advice and help.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-22T18:03:23+00:00

    Though I solved the problem I had to add the gmail account (as I have in years past) as a generic imap account. Though when I first installed Outlook and it ran the accounts wizard, Google mail was a choice (as described the link you provided) it does not appear if you want to add an account to a list of existing accounts in Outlook.

    For that you just have to set up 2 factor authentication in Gmail to open up the ability to add an App password. Add the gmail account in Outlook using the imap choice. You'll see the Google authentication box (one time) where you put in the gmail password (what you'd use at gmail.com to see your mail) and get prompted for the 2nd authentication. Do that and the account will be installed. The next time you restart Outlook you'll get an incorrect password for that account. This time add the App password you created, different from your gmail login password, and you'll be troubled no further.

    Hope it helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-22T17:36:44+00:00

    This work around worked, but it seems to move slower than it should, or is that just me?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-19T15:47:00+00:00

    Hi. I'm Brian and I will do my best to help you.

    Do you have two-factor authentication enabled in your Google account?

    Here's Microsoft's guidance for adding a gmail account to desktop Outlook: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-...

    yes Thank you very much

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-19T13:34:11+00:00

    Worked perfectly. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-13T04:53:52+00:00

    Please try the workaround guidance in this Outlook Known Issue article, Error 'This web browser does not support JavaScript or scripts are being blocked' when adding a Google Workspace account (microsoft.com).

    Thank you, this worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments