Gmail / Google - Browser does not support Javascript when trying to add gmail account to Outlook 365

Anonymous
2022-04-09T14:24:14+00:00

I am lost and google search providing no answers!

I am getting a strange issue when trying to add my google account to Outlook 365

When adding a gmail account and connecting to google for auth, I am able to enter my email address, type of account, but after I submit my password I get the following error. 

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/56154c60-ca66-4ac6-a759-b1896b2e5424?platform=QnA I thought Outllok app was using old IE or Edge in a small window so I checked to make sure scripts were enabled (IE11) and it is, checked Edge java setting - enabled. I even lowered security for the Internet zone to Medium and still no go My default browser in Windows is set to Chrome, it does have Javascript enabled as well - I use the gmail link all the time no issue and to check, I disabled Java in chrom and couldn't access gmail link, so I re-enabled it.

Apart from check this java setting in this browser, is there anyone that can get current google mail to work with current Outlook 365?

Thanks for any advice and help.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-12T17:36:59+00:00

    Hi Gabriel,

    I have tried following the instructions in this article, however, REG_DWORD OUTLOOK.EXE cannot be found in the Registry Editor under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION.

    This is what I see:

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-11T06:08:14+00:00

    thank you for this. was very helpful and easy as well

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-06T06:06:12+00:00

    I had a similar issue was resolved by following the fix mentioned in the link below. This fix has to do with a registry change for Microsoft outlook

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/error-this-web-browser-does-not-support-javascript-or-scripts-are-being-blocked-when-adding-a-google-workspace-account-b7cbc25e-5b2d-459a-97b8-c8b6adc7b2d4

    Everything works the way it should.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-30T23:35:58+00:00

    I'm having the same issue since 6/26/22. It worked perfectly for 6 months. Wondering if it has anything to do with transitions to Google Workspace. My other Google emails work fine. This one is a G-Suite email. But it still works perfectly on my Asus laptop. I've been on tech support twice with Microsoft. The last guy created a new profile for that email. It worked, but who wants to log in and out of your email all the time to check one email accoutn? Not me! So I deleted it and I'm back to square one. I'm about ready to drop Office and switch completely to Google.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-29T08:23:44+00:00

    Regarding the JavaScript error while trying to login to Outlook. It is occurring due to conflicting accounts. Please follow the steps once you have hold of the personal account's password.

    1. Change the user's email from ******@yourdomain.com to ******@yourdomain.com in the console admin.google.com
    2. Open a new incognito window and go to accounts.google.com or Gmail.com and sign in using ******@yourdomain.com (it is user NOT user1)
    3. Sometimes the password won't work, this is because it was a consumer account which got merged with a workspace account. The password can be reset.
    4. Once you acquire the password, Click continue in the next step and this is to release the account. In rare cases it'll ask to create a new account, please create a new account to release the conflicting account.
    5. Make sure the account which you're logged in ends with @gmail.com after refreshing the tab.
    6. Go back to admin.google.com and change ******@yourdomain.com back to ******@yourdomain.com and click save.
    7. Login to Outlook and enter the Workspace password.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments