Delay rule in Outlook causing emails to get permanently stuck in outbox

Anonymous
2023-01-18T15:42:26+00:00

I have a three minute delay rule set up in Outlook. Previously this has worked with no issues, however, now about 50% of my emails get stuck in my outbox when they send. After hitting send the email goes to the outbox with the 'editing' symbol (piece of paper with pencil) next to it rather than the 'send' arrow symbol. If, after three minutes, send/receive is pressed the email won't send. If the email is opened and send hit again it wont send. The only way to send the email is to copy the text into a new email and send that. If I turn the rule off the issue goes away.

My internal IT department has been unable to help, they have run the repair function, created a new profile and reduced the downloaded emails, none of which helped.

Thanks in advance for contributions.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-03T18:41:20+00:00

    I tried disable the adobe add-ins in outlook as described in an earlier post, and that solved my issue

    Removing the Adobe Add-ins fixed the rule.

    File - Options- Add -ins - COM Add-ins/GO - and uncheck the Adobe Add-ins.

    Rule started working correctly again.

    This worked for me as well. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-03T08:21:02+00:00

    unfortunately I don't have that add-in, so it is not the source of the issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-27T14:42:40+00:00

    I'm having the same issues. Can anyone help? It's one thing that helps our team be more efficient, is delaying emails so we can add more information that pops in our head after we've sent an email, but before it actually sends (due to the delay we set up).

    I find out hours later that something didn't send. Sometimes I can forward the email, but other times, it just perpetually is stuck, and I have to copy all the email and the attachments to a new email. It is really annoying and a huge time suck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-31T04:31:24+00:00

    Has there been any update on this? I have end users that are unable to work at full capacity.

    Can we expect an update to resolve the issue soon? Or is there a work around somewhere for us?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T09:21:08+00:00

    Hi!

    Do you know which upgrade/update that was pushed out? Was it a windows update or was Outlook updated?

    If you could check which KB updates were installed around 25th June, go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > View installed updates

    I suspect it is one of the windows updates and if located that one could be uninstalled to see if it works better after that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments