Outlook for Android is sending notifications for old emails.

Anonymous
2022-03-10T23:59:41+00:00

Hi,

Earlier this week, Outlook for Android started sending me notifications for a few emails that are now several days ago.

The emails have even been deleted but I get notified several times a day with the notification having the current time.

I am using the latest version of Outlook on a Samsung S8.

Any suggestion please.

Regards, Graham.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-12T22:42:01+00:00

    even more absurd that its actually been happening for years. There are posts online from 2017 onwards with the same issue. Its not a new problem, insulting they keep saying we are working on a fix. After 6 or so years you need to admit its a flaw and they dont know how to fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-14T01:44:39+00:00

    Not a fix for me mate, I have no choice, my two ISP emails are imap.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-14T02:28:46+00:00

    Yea no fix for me. Today it has been fine. But ive been home with my phone not moving. so not in and out of wifi and data. I think while outside moving as it changes signals/towers etc it's triggering it to re notify emails. It always happens going from wifi to data

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-16T14:12:25+00:00

    Having the same issue since few weeks ago (Mar-2023) and no one of the suggested solution worked so far (apart uninstall - would be my very last option) and today my outlook just got crazy: it is keeping up the same notification continuously as soon as I unlock the phone ... 177 times in the last 15 minutes... and now it's keeping up also with the phone locked.

    It's something happened with the most recent updates.

    This app is just going to be useless... absolutely unsuitable for professional use and is not free for me because it's part of my 365 account...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-30T01:01:27+00:00

    I absolutely agree with Antonello QSC and all others complaining about this glitch. It's driving me nuts. I used to have a great alternative app but unfortunately the developer sold out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments