Outlook for Android is sending notifications for old emails.

Anonymous
2022-03-10T23:59:41+00:00

Hi,

Earlier this week, Outlook for Android started sending me notifications for a few emails that are now several days ago.

The emails have even been deleted but I get notified several times a day with the notification having the current time.

I am using the latest version of Outlook on a Samsung S8.

Any suggestion please.

Regards, Graham.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-30T08:42:32+00:00

    Is there any apps for imap emails on Android besides outlook? It works fine on my PC windows 10. It's just the damn app. I need to access work emails.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-02T09:53:16+00:00

    With me a similar error already for months. Android 13, Google Pixel Pro 6, German.

    I keep getting notifications of emails that have already been read or deleted. A quick Internet search revealed that this error has existed for years without a solution being presented yet. Again and again the same useless suggestions: Clear cache, reinstall app, re-enable notifications only after a few hours, etc.

    We pay for this and other Microsoft services. We expect them to work properly. The Outlook app cannot be used seriously in this way. When will this bug finally be corrected?

    Thanks a lot

    René Ketterer

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-01T12:30:02+00:00

    This is such a typical useless Microsoft reply. I particularly love the "try it on another android device." Yes, I will just use my other phone I don't have to check to see if it works. Seriously Microsoft? I really hope your monopoly on operating systems and office software end soon so we can actually have an option with a company that care more about its customers than throwing broken software against the wall to see what sticks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-01T21:11:05+00:00

    They are telling me it is a known issue with IMAP accounts the technicians are working on it with no ETA. But clearly, it's been going on for years. I have had this issue for at least 1 year and on 2 different devices. Most issues occur going from WIFI to Data ie leaving me house I get up the road and get a whole bunch of email notifications. But it also happens randomly throughout the day, or not for a few days. Then all day. its ridiculous

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments