Using Outlook for Android for personal email and calendar management
In your faq for android you have been working on this issue for 2 years. About time to get a solution. About ready to ditch my microsoft account completely.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
Earlier this week, Outlook for Android started sending me notifications for a few emails that are now several days ago.
The emails have even been deleted but I get notified several times a day with the notification having the current time.
I am using the latest version of Outlook on a Samsung S8.
Any suggestion please.
Regards, Graham.
Using Outlook for Android for personal email and calendar management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
In your faq for android you have been working on this issue for 2 years. About time to get a solution. About ready to ditch my microsoft account completely.
I totally agree with the post above. This response from Microsoft is simply not good enough. Surely you have skilled coders who can fix this issue but instead you give unhelpful advice which does not properly address the problem.
I pay for your products and have been doing so for many years. This approach to your customers is not good enough.
Please address this issue. It is becoming very tedious and is negatively affecting my business and personal efficiency.
No information provided in this reply is helpful and is general knowledge to 99% of users these days. Turn it off and on, restart, reinstall, go and look elsewhere for a solution. This is clearly a real issue being ignored by Microsoft. The Outlook for Android support link provided is anti-help.
To Microsoft: Just fix the issue. Same notifications for the same emails sometimes more than once a day, so ill have 5 new emails in the morning, then get other emails throughout the day and receive additional notifications for those same 5 previous emails from earlier that day, then in the afternoon ill get an email and get new mail notifications for the entire days worth of emails.
Ive reset imap accounts, I've re-installed, I've re-started. I've re-everything'ed. Stop providing the illusion of advice that was new and relevant for users 20 years ago and try to assume that your users have what is considered by today's standard; basic technical knowledge, or have already sought that information else-where and are here for a resolution of what should be acknowledged as a technical fault.
Fix it.
Hello,
I have exactly the same issue. 2 notifications for old deleted emails come once or twice a day.
Did you found a solution ?
Thank you.
Yep, had same issue and needed the clear cache on outlook and restart.
For Android:
Go to settings / storage / apps/ choose Outlook/ clear cache.
Do NOT delete storage as that restores app to it's starting state and removes settings and emails.
Weird issue, clearly notifications get stuck in some caching loop. Deleting the email didn't stop it, so clearly was a cache issue
Cheers
Hi,
Clearing the Data Cache worked for me, though I did do it a couple of times.
Graham.