Using Outlook for Android for personal email and calendar management
This issue is infuriating, my mobile runs the latest build of Android 12 and the latest version of Outlook. Over a 48-hour period, I received a recurring Outlook notification from Microsoft Community, telling me about Dennis' post above! I subscribed to this thread a long time ago now and though these notifications eventually disappear I never knew how they stopped. Having tried so many combinations of suggestions to fix. Maybe it was fluke on this occasion, but the issue was resolved for me when I took the following steps:
- Clear the offending notification.
- Delete the offending message from the Inbox.
- Permanently delete the offending message from the Deleted items folder.
- Force Stop & Clear Cache on Outlook App.
- Relaunch Outlook. No doubt this will happen again. I hold no hope that Microsoft will acknowledge and fix this issue anytime soon. In the meantime, I hope the simple steps above will prove useful to others in providing a temporary solution (assuming you don't mind binning the offending message?)