Outlook for Android is sending notifications for old emails.

Anonymous
2022-03-10T23:59:41+00:00

Hi,

Earlier this week, Outlook for Android started sending me notifications for a few emails that are now several days ago.

The emails have even been deleted but I get notified several times a day with the notification having the current time.

I am using the latest version of Outlook on a Samsung S8.

Any suggestion please.

Regards, Graham.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-19T06:09:21+00:00

    This is the best reply.

    I think Google should buy Microsoft and save us all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-31T20:37:41+00:00

    Maybe that will help you think about it. I have included 5 Microsoft 365 accounts in the Outlook app via Exchange Online. In addition, a Hotmail account and finally an IMAP account with another provider (not Microsoft).

    I have read here that IMAP may be causing the problem. That's why I removed the IMAP account from the Outlook app and have had no problems since then.

    Not a solution for people who urgently need their IMAP accounts, but perhaps food for thought for support.

    Thank you Rene'. Unfortunately I'm using my own domains and email servers and then IMAP is the only solution with Outlook... it's just a shame that Microsoft is acting in this way... I guess I will get rid of outlook soon...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-31T08:03:58+00:00

    Maybe that will help you think about it. I have included 5 Microsoft 365 accounts in the Outlook app via Exchange Online. In addition, a Hotmail account and finally an IMAP account with another provider (not Microsoft).

    I have read here that IMAP may be causing the problem. That's why I removed the IMAP account from the Outlook app and have had no problems since then.

    Not a solution for people who urgently need their IMAP accounts, but perhaps food for thought for support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-30T01:01:27+00:00

    I absolutely agree with Antonello QSC and all others complaining about this glitch. It's driving me nuts. I used to have a great alternative app but unfortunately the developer sold out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-16T14:12:25+00:00

    Having the same issue since few weeks ago (Mar-2023) and no one of the suggested solution worked so far (apart uninstall - would be my very last option) and today my outlook just got crazy: it is keeping up the same notification continuously as soon as I unlock the phone ... 177 times in the last 15 minutes... and now it's keeping up also with the phone locked.

    It's something happened with the most recent updates.

    This app is just going to be useless... absolutely unsuitable for professional use and is not free for me because it's part of my 365 account...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments