Outlook for Android is sending notifications for old emails.

Anonymous
2022-03-10T23:59:41+00:00

Hi,

Earlier this week, Outlook for Android started sending me notifications for a few emails that are now several days ago.

The emails have even been deleted but I get notified several times a day with the notification having the current time.

I am using the latest version of Outlook on a Samsung S8.

Any suggestion please.

Regards, Graham.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-19T09:48:11+00:00

    I don't use Calenders. Just need to access send /receive work emails from my phone. I can log directly into the serve but have to do that all day to check emails. Frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-19T09:40:56+00:00

    I would happily use a different option for imap on android of I could find one.

    I'm using Thunderbird on laptop and Typemail on mobile as a backup... it's annoying to duplicate everything but I've not been able yet to figure out how to manage the shared calendars with them ... :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-19T09:27:40+00:00

    I would happily use a different option for imap on android of I could find one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-19T09:19:17+00:00

    Outlook's IMAP support in the desktop version has always been extremely

    subpar, to say the least. Therefore, it is only logical for Microsoft to "port"

    the poor support to the mobile version. Unfortunately, this is bad news for

    all those who use IMAP.

    After so many years, I am relatively certain that Microsoft isn't remotely

    thinking of changing anything about this situation. It's better to lose a

    few nagging customers but sell lots of Exchange and 365 stuff.

    You're right, unfortunately...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-19T09:11:25+00:00

    Outlook's IMAP support in the desktop version has always been extremely

    subpar, to say the least. Therefore, it is only logical for Microsoft to "port"

    the poor support to the mobile version. Unfortunately, this is bad news for

    all those who use IMAP.

    After so many years, I am relatively certain that Microsoft isn't remotely

    thinking of changing anything about this situation. It's better to lose a

    few nagging customers but sell lots of Exchange and 365 stuff.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments