Using Outlook for Android for personal email and calendar management
I don't use Calenders. Just need to access send /receive work emails from my phone. I can log directly into the serve but have to do that all day to check emails. Frustrating.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
Earlier this week, Outlook for Android started sending me notifications for a few emails that are now several days ago.
The emails have even been deleted but I get notified several times a day with the notification having the current time.
I am using the latest version of Outlook on a Samsung S8.
Any suggestion please.
Regards, Graham.
Using Outlook for Android for personal email and calendar management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I don't use Calenders. Just need to access send /receive work emails from my phone. I can log directly into the serve but have to do that all day to check emails. Frustrating.
I would happily use a different option for imap on android of I could find one.
I'm using Thunderbird on laptop and Typemail on mobile as a backup... it's annoying to duplicate everything but I've not been able yet to figure out how to manage the shared calendars with them ... :(
I would happily use a different option for imap on android of I could find one.
Outlook's IMAP support in the desktop version has always been extremely
subpar, to say the least. Therefore, it is only logical for Microsoft to "port"
the poor support to the mobile version. Unfortunately, this is bad news for
all those who use IMAP.
After so many years, I am relatively certain that Microsoft isn't remotely
thinking of changing anything about this situation. It's better to lose a
few nagging customers but sell lots of Exchange and 365 stuff.
You're right, unfortunately...
Outlook's IMAP support in the desktop version has always been extremely
subpar, to say the least. Therefore, it is only logical for Microsoft to "port"
the poor support to the mobile version. Unfortunately, this is bad news for
all those who use IMAP.
After so many years, I am relatively certain that Microsoft isn't remotely
thinking of changing anything about this situation. It's better to lose a
few nagging customers but sell lots of Exchange and 365 stuff.