Outlook for Android is sending notifications for old emails.

Anonymous
2022-03-10T23:59:41+00:00

Hi,

Earlier this week, Outlook for Android started sending me notifications for a few emails that are now several days ago.

The emails have even been deleted but I get notified several times a day with the notification having the current time.

I am using the latest version of Outlook on a Samsung S8.

Any suggestion please.

Regards, Graham.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-19T09:19:17+00:00

    Outlook's IMAP support in the desktop version has always been extremely

    subpar, to say the least. Therefore, it is only logical for Microsoft to "port"

    the poor support to the mobile version. Unfortunately, this is bad news for

    all those who use IMAP.

    After so many years, I am relatively certain that Microsoft isn't remotely

    thinking of changing anything about this situation. It's better to lose a

    few nagging customers but sell lots of Exchange and 365 stuff.

    You're right, unfortunately...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-31T20:37:41+00:00

    Maybe that will help you think about it. I have included 5 Microsoft 365 accounts in the Outlook app via Exchange Online. In addition, a Hotmail account and finally an IMAP account with another provider (not Microsoft).

    I have read here that IMAP may be causing the problem. That's why I removed the IMAP account from the Outlook app and have had no problems since then.

    Not a solution for people who urgently need their IMAP accounts, but perhaps food for thought for support.

    Thank you Rene'. Unfortunately I'm using my own domains and email servers and then IMAP is the only solution with Outlook... it's just a shame that Microsoft is acting in this way... I guess I will get rid of outlook soon...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-30T01:01:27+00:00

    I absolutely agree with Antonello QSC and all others complaining about this glitch. It's driving me nuts. I used to have a great alternative app but unfortunately the developer sold out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-14T02:28:46+00:00

    Yea no fix for me. Today it has been fine. But ive been home with my phone not moving. so not in and out of wifi and data. I think while outside moving as it changes signals/towers etc it's triggering it to re notify emails. It always happens going from wifi to data

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-14T01:44:39+00:00

    Not a fix for me mate, I have no choice, my two ISP emails are imap.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments