How do I turn off Microsoft Authenticator?

Anonymous
2023-04-16T16:47:36+00:00

Microsoft imposed an Authenticator app on my home outlook. How do I get rid of it?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-03T16:38:04+00:00

    Do I have to do this for each outlook account I have

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T06:45:50+00:00

    Hello Mario,

    Thank you for your input, but I do not see any "additional security" options tab.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-14T16:37:22+00:00

    THIS IS THE ANSWER. THANKS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-14T23:19:54+00:00

    This is a bafflingly awful UX.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-07T00:37:54+00:00

    Having the same issue, and it's completely idiotic. All our users we blocked from logging in to download this stupid Microsoft Authenticator App. The settings for admins are so complicated that it's impossible to figure out what's going on. Why is SMS or Call not enough as an MFA?? Insane.

    Pretty simple. Microsoft has to pay per SMS message sent. The process is really not that bad, and there is also an App for PC and Mac

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments