How do I turn off Microsoft Authenticator?

Anonymous
2023-04-16T16:47:36+00:00

Microsoft imposed an Authenticator app on my home outlook. How do I get rid of it?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-10T20:51:35+00:00

    You have to go to Multi-Factor Authentication in Users menu. Then Click "Service Settings". It doesn't look like a link because Microsoft is stupid and doesn't know how to make it look like a link. Then you'll see the settings you want to disable. Keep in mind, this might take 30 minutes or so for Mircosoft to replicate across all of it's servers. Pictures below

    Image

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-16T21:35:55+00:00

    I've disabled it several times - but the next time I login I get forced to "Improve your sign-ins". I really wish Microsoft would quit trying to force their crappy products down my throat. I value my choice. I don't want Edge, Cortana, Bing or their stupid authenticator app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-17T22:09:55+00:00

    I can't find any such security tab as Mario mentioned.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-23T14:49:50+00:00

    Does one of these settings disable the authenticator app?

    We're in the same position as most of you. We don't want the authenticator app. MFA is working just fine for us. Being forced to use that will be a real PITA. We have a lot of non-tech savvy users. Changing anything requires a lot of hand-holding. And our users are spread out over 4 counties so not all in the same building either (~325 users).

    I've already gone through the process of seting up the authenticator app when the prompt no longer allowed me to click on "Not now" and it was NOT very user friendly. I've turned it off but now I'm back to answering the same prompt as before. I'm wondering how long "Not now" will be available and I have to go through the same process of setting up the authenticator app. ARGH!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-25T14:47:04+00:00

    "Not now" has disappeared for us now and it's causing havoc. I can't get my job done and people don't want to use it which I don't mind.

    I can't even access the Multifactor authentication part of Azure Mike mentioned because I need a "Premium" licence.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments