How do I turn off Microsoft Authenticator?

Anonymous
2023-04-16T16:47:36+00:00

Microsoft imposed an Authenticator app on my home outlook. How do I get rid of it?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-16T17:34:00+00:00

    Hi Bill,

    I am Mario and I am a independent advisor, and I would like to help you.

    Go to https://account.microsoft.com, on the "Security" tab in the "Additional Security Options" section click on "Microsoft Authenticator App" click on "Remove".

    Hope this can help you solving the issue.

    Is there anything else I can help you with?

    Best regards,

    Mário

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-16T22:59:12+00:00

    I have my comp[any set up with office365 and all of the emails are requiring this now... How do i turn this off to stop it moving forward?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-06-26T22:56:27+00:00

    go to portal.azure.com

    find 'azure active directory'

    go to 'properties'

    in the right pane, at the bottom, select 'manage security defaults'

    disable

    save

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/concept-fundamentals-security-defaults

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-31T00:49:53+00:00

    I tried the above - but my setting is already 'Disabled (not recommended)' and I'm still getting the force Microsoft Authenticator app window. Any other recommendation how to terminate the app?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-31T20:11:34+00:00

    I'm having the exact same issue. It's very frustrating because alot of my users are having issues logging in and its halting production.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments