How do I turn off Microsoft Authenticator?

Anonymous
2023-04-16T16:47:36+00:00

Microsoft imposed an Authenticator app on my home outlook. How do I get rid of it?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-11T23:40:46+00:00

    When I follow your directions, I get this message:

     Microsoft Authenticator app could not be removed We could not remove the Microsoft Authenticator app at this time.

    I really want to remove this. It is causing so many problems. Do you have any other suggestions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-23T10:51:35+00:00

    That's what is frustrating! I have been using this method for almost 5 years! Everyone is MFA enabled but this Authenticator app has started popping up in the last week.

    The user logins like normal, enters their MFA code then it prompts them to download the app and set it up. They cannot continue until its complete.

    Enabled or disabled? My default is disabled on all my users.

    A few months ago I got an email notification that they will start enforcing MFA on/after a certain date. It got switched ON but I turned it back OFF (from azure AD). Perhaps one of the recent changes requires the use of MS Auth app. Phone number and alternate email address aren't sufficient and they're forcing all to add 1 more (auth app). If that's the case, I don't know how to turn off the prompt to use MS Auth app.

    Hi Ron6576,

    Inquiring how you were able to "turn it back OFF (from azure AD)"?

    Thank you in advance,

    Eduardo

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T19:32:10+00:00

    Hey you are right. It does go to a link. I unclicked the box but still seem to want the authenticator app to run. Maybe it takes some time to work through the system

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-08T16:49:15+00:00

    I need to remove authenticator app on Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T14:06:41+00:00

    A solution has been found to turn off the Authenticator App but still allow a code to be texted.

    Go to Microsoft Entra Admin Center and edit Authentication Methods under Policies (Yes/No). When I login, I get a menu of MFA options. I then choose which MFA method I want to use (text). The MFA items on the menu will depend on which methods you have selected.

    Problem solved.......finally!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments