Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Do I have to do this for each outlook account I have
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Microsoft imposed an Authenticator app on my home outlook. How do I get rid of it?
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Do I have to do this for each outlook account I have
The issue is our company needs to have MFA enabled, so that is fine. The problem is the MS Authenticator app was supposed to be OPTIONAL and now all of a sudden it isn't. I guess either way I am just trying to find confirmation that this is now in fact the case. Did Microsoft flip a switch to require users to use the MS Authenticator app? Even though someone has set up a phone number as their MFA, it now makes them copy the text code, then takes them to a screen that says 'Let's secure your account' with a 'Next' and no skip/cancel button. Thus users are finding they simply can no longer log into their accounts without setting up the MS Authenticator app.
Can someone just confirm this has happened? Maybe it is early in the process of rolling out, but want to make sure before I tell people they have to use it now. This is after we spend two weeks telling them it was optional (two weeks ago it WAS optional). We can deal with it no problem, but just making sure this is the case and I am not missing anything. People that were fine last week are having to go through this (not all people yet as far as I can tell, but the entire company has MFA enforced).
Thank you!
I never have to deal with my users about MFA requirements after disabling what Microsoft auto enabled. Did you try disabling MFA for all users?
Happening to us too! I had everyone set up with text to match some other systems and now it not only prompts for text as it should, BUT will go to a new screen that says 'lets secure your account' and will not let anyone skip the MS Authenticator app. We already spent two weeks trying to tell everyone it was optional and they did not need it. Now, apparently everyone will need to download and use it? Please allow only text for MFA again!!!