Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Thanks for sharing.
I rarely use Outlook now, although I used it for years when I was working and when I had a Cox account. After that I went to GMail for about the last 8 years. I have been using a subscription Microsoft 365 for many years primarily for Excel and Word. I recently came across an archived Personal.pst file and I wanted to view the contents. This is what prompted me to go to Outlook because when I doubled clicked on it, a message said that it could only be opened using Outlook. Lies and deceit. Can't be done and it looks like it can't be done for some time now. Unbelievable. Incredible that what used to be a very robust program has shrunk down to nothing. MY daughter uses Outlook at work and still has the selection at the top to revert to an older version so she can access other .pst file. Unfortunately, my "new" version doesn't have that capability. Who decides these unproductive and idiotic changes. Something smells fishy here. It would appear that Microsoft is in no hurry to deal with this. I assume there are other more important issues that warrant the attention of their fiscal 2024 reported $75.5B in cash/equivalents and net earnings of $88B. Too bad ... I expected more.