Outlook 2021 Contacts Window Opening in Fullscreen

Anonymous
2022-09-28T03:36:47+00:00

I just installed Office 2021 and I configured outlook. When I click on the "People" icon on the low left-hand side, it opens a window that occupies the entire outlook. This new window only contains one contact and that is it. I removed the contacts for now and only left 1. Please see the screen below. If there were more contacts they would show on the back of the wind ow. I cannot do anything to bring them to the front

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-06T02:00:30+00:00

    A quick update: I went back and removed all the contacts that I had (I have a backup) and then I set the "Reading Pane" to OFF. I then added 3 contacts and I went back and forth between mail, calendar, and contacts and it seems to have been fixed, for now, the issue

    I realized that this is not optimal for someone like me, who may have lots of contacts. This is because each contact needs to be removed individually one by one. This is tedious and counterproductive to what Microsoft preaches: High productivity. But it is working for me for now. I will keep digging and I will keep you guys posted

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-06T12:23:24+00:00

    I came across another thread that said the following:

    "To work around this issue, you can disable the Reading Pane. 

    1. On the People pane select View, then Reading Pane, and set to Off.
    2. If the View menu is covered, click Alt + Space Bar, and then select Restore. This will get you back to the minimized state and you can now do the Reading Pane change in Step 1.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-06T13:38:09+00:00

    Hi all,

    I posted a Known Issue article to explain the workaround, Outlook cannot display contacts in People View (microsoft.com). Please see this article and let me know if any questions.

    The Outlook Team is working on a fix. I will post back when I know the fix will go out. I will also update the topic linked above with that information as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-06T16:17:24+00:00

    I would also like to mention in my case, the workaround worked, but required that I launch in safe mode in order to turn the reading pane off, as the contact screen glitch was extending into the area that allowed you to turn it off.

    Is there an ETA on a fix from Microsoft? My users prefer to have that reading pane, mainly due to the large amount of contacts they have.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-06T21:50:42+00:00

    I CAME ACROSS A TEMPORARY SOLUTION ON ANOTHER THREAD UNTIL the Outlook Team CORRECTS THIS PROBLEM.

    Here is a workaround:

    To work around this issue, you can disable the Reading Pane.  

    1. On the People pane select View, then Reading Pane, and set to Off.
    2. NOW if the View menu/bar on top of screen, is covered (as is the case), click Alt + Space Bar. A small box will appear, select Restore.
    3. This will revert the screen view to what is was last year. NOW you can go back to STEP ONE and complete.
    4. I was able to use OUTLOOK and make changes to client infor, notes, etc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments