Outlook 2021 Contacts Window Opening in Fullscreen

Anonymous
2022-09-28T03:36:47+00:00

I just installed Office 2021 and I configured outlook. When I click on the "People" icon on the low left-hand side, it opens a window that occupies the entire outlook. This new window only contains one contact and that is it. I removed the contacts for now and only left 1. Please see the screen below. If there were more contacts they would show on the back of the wind ow. I cannot do anything to bring them to the front

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-04T18:28:01+00:00

    Matt,

    I am about to post a Known Issue to formally document it, Fixes or workarounds for recent issues in Outlook for PC (microsoft.com). I have also escalated this to the Outlook Team, and they are investigating for a fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-04T18:31:05+00:00

    I am having exactly the same problem. Running Outlook 2019 in Windows 10. Everything worked fine earlier, now Contacts are completely useless. Please tell us what to do without additional delay as this is really hampering our business!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-04T21:45:36+00:00

    Here is the formal article for this issue with workarounds, Outlook cannot display contacts in People View (microsoft.com).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-04T23:42:15+00:00

    I too am experiencing this problem. When in Outlook, all functions of Outlook work properly EXCEPT when in CONTACTS. When I open Contacts, the BOX typically on the R half of the screen that contains all of the contacts information and notes now appears hovering on the left half of the screen, covering over the alphabetical contact list . There is no way to move it, rendering the program unusable. I believe that this may be the result of a recent WINDOWs update within the past 10 days. (Windows 11 seems to have updates every other day.) Or possibly an Outlook update (today is Oct 4). I went into File/Office Account to check for available OUTLOOK updates. The worse of it is that if you attempt to go into the box to retrieve information on the notes - it deletes the contact!!!! I have Office Home & Business 2016 auto updated to 2021. Windows 10 auto updated to Windows 11.

    I am hopeful that WINDOWS or OUTLOOK has an update to auto correct soon!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-06T01:49:34+00:00

    Gabriel,

    I am glad that Microsoft is looking at this issue and trying to resolve it. Your "workaround" does not work. At least, not for me. When I click on the people's icon, this white window with one contact takes up the entire window. There is no way to change the view because the "view" option is not available to be able to turn off the reading pane. Could it be possible you are describing a different issue? Please look at ate attached screenshot. You will see that there is no way to change the view of the contact window. Please tell me what I am doing wrong with your workaround

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments