Outlook 2021 Contacts Window Opening in Fullscreen

Anonymous
2022-09-28T03:36:47+00:00

I just installed Office 2021 and I configured outlook. When I click on the "People" icon on the low left-hand side, it opens a window that occupies the entire outlook. This new window only contains one contact and that is it. I removed the contacts for now and only left 1. Please see the screen below. If there were more contacts they would show on the back of the wind ow. I cannot do anything to bring them to the front

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-02T11:11:25+00:00

    Have you tried opening Outlook in safe mode, like MasterNeo suggests?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-01T20:39:39+00:00

    I just want to add another bit of information. The other machine is running Windows 11 22H2 (OS Build 22621.521) and not Windows 10. I apologize for the confusion. So the two machines are running the same OS. The office version on each system is the same with the exception of the last 4 digits of the product ID which are slightly different. Why would they behave differently?

    I am technical and I'm employed by a technical organization. So I have done my share of troubleshooting H/W as well as S/W. this is in case someone has a complex solution that needs to be implemented. To me, this issue sounds like an office issue which can be a setting or a behavior between OD and Office

    Thanks in advance

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-01T20:18:12+00:00

    Brett,

    Thanks for your suggestion of creating a new profile. I failed to provide three pieces of information because I didn't think they were important to the issue. They are:

    1. I had already created a new profile and I made it the default profile. This did not work. If there are no contacts listed in Contacts, the contact screen works as it should work - normal. As soon as I add the first contacts icon in the navigation options, the new screen takes the entire screen. I even as far as adding two contacts, the first one is the one that opens with very little information about the contact (just a white screen with the name and phone number) and it occupies the entire screen
    2. My OS is Windows 11 version 22H2 (OS Build 22621-521). I did not think this was part of the issue. But it could be an issue of the combination of the OS and Office
    3. This same Office version works just fine in another system running Windows 10

    Any help you can provide would very appreciated. Does anyone have a contact at Microsoft and more specifically office Technical Support?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-29T22:24:30+00:00

    Downgrade your office version to the previous one. That just fixed it for my client. You need to turn off automatic updates for office.

    I use this version 2208 (Build 15601.20148) which was released on sept 13.

    The update on Sept 26 seems to be causing this

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-office-2021

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-09-29T22:11:25+00:00

    having the same issue. Outlook 2021/Office 2021 H&B on Windows 11.

    New profile doesn't do anything.

    Safe mode works but when in normal mode with no addin, it starts doing the same thing in People VIEW. Changing it to any other view gets around this which isn't ideal for people that used to people view.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments