Outlook 2021 Contacts Window Opening in Fullscreen

Anonymous
2022-09-28T03:36:47+00:00

I just installed Office 2021 and I configured outlook. When I click on the "People" icon on the low left-hand side, it opens a window that occupies the entire outlook. This new window only contains one contact and that is it. I removed the contacts for now and only left 1. Please see the screen below. If there were more contacts they would show on the back of the wind ow. I cannot do anything to bring them to the front

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-04T13:41:04+00:00

    I use Office 2016. Recently, in outlook, when going to "people" the view is being blocked by one contact that covers most of the other contacts. It cannot be closed or moved. I have found others using different versions of Outlook having the same issue. Here is what my screen looks like now:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-04T13:24:39+00:00

    I am having the same issue with several machines running win 10, but running different versions of Outlook. My experience is that it is happening on Office 2016 and on Office 2019.

    I have tried to reset every view, but with no results.

    Also tried:

    outlook.exe /resetnavpane

    outlook.exe /cleanreminders

    outlook.exe /safe

    Interesting, when Outlook is running in safe mode, People view looks like Business Card view.

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-04T11:23:40+00:00

    I am having exactly the same problem. Have switched off Outlook updates but has had no effect.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-04T00:29:21+00:00

    Just wanted to be added to the list of folks who encountered this recent issue. Same as what others posted. Everything in Outlook works fine except for People view in Contacts. I will monitor this thread for any updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-03T20:55:18+00:00

    Thank you. We are having the same trouble at my office. some of us are Windows 10 and some are Windows 11 but we are all having this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments