Outlook 2021 Contacts Window Opening in Fullscreen

Anonymous
2022-09-28T03:36:47+00:00

I just installed Office 2021 and I configured outlook. When I click on the "People" icon on the low left-hand side, it opens a window that occupies the entire outlook. This new window only contains one contact and that is it. I removed the contacts for now and only left 1. Please see the screen below. If there were more contacts they would show on the back of the wind ow. I cannot do anything to bring them to the front

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-07T13:14:39+00:00

    Mercy Pierre,

    Dans mon pauvre Français j’ai pu comprendre et oui c’est un bug et Microsoft travaille sur un correctif

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-07T05:29:45+00:00

    J'ai été dépanné par un technicien Microsoft.
    Il y a un bug dans la MAJ Office du 26/9. Il a réinstallé la MAJ du 13/9 et tout va bien désormais
    J'ai désactivé les MAJ automatiques en attendant la suite.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-06T22:01:46+00:00

    Thanks, CT2017_203 but we have already tried this workaround and it temporarily addresses the issue. However, it is not as easy as you describe the fix because the "VIEW" portion of your fix is not available once you have clicked on the Contacts icon. The best way to applied this short fix is using the workaround provided by Angelo Malo in this thread. Basically, in order to use your fix, the user needs first to launch Outlook in safe mode: "Outlook /safemode". This way you can turn the reading pane OFF. Otherwise, the only other way is to remove all contacts but that is too extreme. I hope you follow my suggestion

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-06T21:50:42+00:00

    I CAME ACROSS A TEMPORARY SOLUTION ON ANOTHER THREAD UNTIL the Outlook Team CORRECTS THIS PROBLEM.

    Here is a workaround:

    To work around this issue, you can disable the Reading Pane.  

    1. On the People pane select View, then Reading Pane, and set to Off.
    2. NOW if the View menu/bar on top of screen, is covered (as is the case), click Alt + Space Bar. A small box will appear, select Restore.
    3. This will revert the screen view to what is was last year. NOW you can go back to STEP ONE and complete.
    4. I was able to use OUTLOOK and make changes to client infor, notes, etc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-06T16:17:24+00:00

    I would also like to mention in my case, the workaround worked, but required that I launch in safe mode in order to turn the reading pane off, as the contact screen glitch was extending into the area that allowed you to turn it off.

    Is there an ETA on a fix from Microsoft? My users prefer to have that reading pane, mainly due to the large amount of contacts they have.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments