Outlook 2021 Contacts Window Opening in Fullscreen

Anonymous
2022-09-28T03:36:47+00:00

I just installed Office 2021 and I configured outlook. When I click on the "People" icon on the low left-hand side, it opens a window that occupies the entire outlook. This new window only contains one contact and that is it. I removed the contacts for now and only left 1. Please see the screen below. If there were more contacts they would show on the back of the wind ow. I cannot do anything to bring them to the front

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-04T13:24:39+00:00

    I am having the same issue with several machines running win 10, but running different versions of Outlook. My experience is that it is happening on Office 2016 and on Office 2019.

    I have tried to reset every view, but with no results.

    Also tried:

    outlook.exe /resetnavpane

    outlook.exe /cleanreminders

    outlook.exe /safe

    Interesting, when Outlook is running in safe mode, People view looks like Business Card view.

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-04T11:23:40+00:00

    I am having exactly the same problem. Have switched off Outlook updates but has had no effect.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-04T00:29:21+00:00

    Just wanted to be added to the list of folks who encountered this recent issue. Same as what others posted. Everything in Outlook works fine except for People view in Contacts. I will monitor this thread for any updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-03T08:36:06+00:00

    Since there are more than one people marked "I have the same question", I'm going to submit this issue internally to Microsoft Developer Team. If I get anything new, I'll update here.

    Meanwhile, you can also give feedback on this issue. We’d love to hear from you about what’s working well, what’s not, and any ideas for improvements including possible new features and functions. Your input will help us improve the user experience for you and all users worldwide. To do so

    From your Office app, go to Help > Feedback.

    Feedback pane in Word

    or

    From your Office app, go to File> Feedback.

    Thanks for helping improve Outlook!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-02T11:16:27+00:00

    If Outlook behaves normally in safe mode but you can't figure out which add-in causes this issue, then perform a clean boot in Windows. A "clean boot" starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.  This is similar to starting Windows in Safe Mode, but provides you more control over which services and programs run at startup to help you isolate the cause of a problem.  

    Disclaimer: A clean boot is a means of troubleshooting, not a condition suitable for normal long-term use. Some applications may not be able to be used in this mode, please exit them after testing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments