How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Anonymous
2023-02-21T20:08:42+00:00

How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-11T16:25:38+00:00

    Probably Ghost Busters! - But seriously, if you don't have a M/soft account and don't know how to log into their chat line (which is harder than getting into Fort Knox) you are probably going to be in despair for a long, long time.

    YOU can't do anything to put Authenticator back if it is screwed up (other than delete and install it again). BUT M/soft do know how to put it back. They know because they reset mine, but the'll keep telling you that it cannot be reset which is simply not true, perhaps they don't want you to know that they can get into your accounts, I don't know, but let's face it. They are the ones who built the software, they are probably the ones who have a back-door built into the software program - seems logical or rather daft not to?

    You can try HELP and then answer all the imbecile questions that their automated chat program will throw at you- probably the best way to deal with them is when the chat automation asks banal questions "have you checked... or is this correct... etc) just keep on saying NO until it finally gives up the ghost and links you through to the online M/soft chat human person. That's how I eventually got through - and believe me, it takes a long long while!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-19T16:17:25+00:00

    i cant log in in my microsoft account, because i need my authenticator code.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-26T12:17:51+00:00

    How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

    i tried many timej but not seccess kindly advise how can ido to make it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-27T05:57:35+00:00

    To do that you need the authenticator app - so - going around in circles here...

    Come on...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-03T14:00:06+00:00

    Hi Kelly,

    I can't get into my microsoft account for the email I am locked out of an a different device because every time I do it is asking me for a code from authenticator, I am stuck in a perpetual loop. I know many people on here are having the same problem. I cannot get into my email without the authenticator app and I can't reset my authenticator app without a code from the authenticator app!!! There must be some way around this? Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments