How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Anonymous
2023-02-21T20:08:42+00:00

How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-28T12:49:44+00:00

    legend!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-19T07:53:28+00:00

    How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

    Hi there!

    I was stuck with the same problem for a few days and I've searched over the Microsoft forums and others on the internet for a solution - nothing worked!

    I'm the IT guy at my work and a colleague told me that her child somehow...just uninstalled her Microsoft Authenticator app with all her Microsoft work accounts from her phone!!! The reinstallation of the app on her phone didn't work at all: it always required the approval from the previous app that was initially installed on the same phone! And of course: that app had no backup!

    But now I've found the solution! This is only working in the Microsoft Admin Page.

    Here are the steps that works for me:

    1. On the Microsoft Admin Center page click on "Show all..." below Admin Centers
    2. Go to "Identity" and select the user that have lost the access to the initial Microsoft Authenticator app (lost or broke phone, resetted phone etc.)
    3. Right down in the page there is a button "Authentication methods"
    4. Click on "Revoke multifactor authentication sessions" (maybe this step was not necessary)
    5. Click on "Require re-register multifactor authentication".
    6. Click save

    Now logout any sessions of that user and login again from a computer (not phone) and when you login it will require again to set up a method to login with Microsoft Authenticator! With your phone you can scan again the new QR code and the account can be added to the reinstalled Microsoft Authenticator app again!

    Important: ONLY a Microsoft ADMIN account can do the steps above for a work account! It will not work within the user account, in the Security Information section, just only from the Admin Page.

    I wish you a nice day! :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-28T22:17:51+00:00

    How can I reset my authenticator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-11T10:43:16+00:00

    I have a slightly different problem. My entire phone was reset. I had to download the app again. I can't find the information I need to put my Gmail Microsoft account back into the authenticator to get the codes. How can I get back into my account. It will not allow me to change my password it keeps telling me the session has ended. What can I do to disable the authenticator from my Gmail Microsoft account. All my other Microsoft accounts are working except this one. Idk how to put the account back into my Microsoft authenticator ap

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments