How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Anonymous
2023-02-21T20:08:42+00:00

How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-03T21:03:35+00:00

    I'm a little bit annoyed with Microsoft. Actually I'M VERY ANNOYED WITH MICROSOFT!!! Thank's to M/soft, they resolved my issue with Authenticator .... but I have to ask HOW? I spent ages and ages going on their chat line and patiently typing out my question while the evening ticked on by.... I think after about 1:30mins they gave up and I'd have to go back to the beginning... night after night! But suddenly, one night the operative I spoke to, trotted out a set of operations for me to do and hey Presto! ... I was suddenly alive again... phew! But WHY? ... Why if we can't recover this (as M/soft keep telling us), why should we suddenly be able to recover? I don't understand and my aching head and neck don't understand.. So M/soft, I want my life back! I want my the time I took staring at your wretched instructions to come back... I'm 68 and every day's precious to me.. Your security seems to be to ladle passwords upon passwords as if that's the answer... it's not.. what about some security tokens then or whatever?

    Any chance you could share the set of operations?
    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T08:15:53+00:00

    hello, i have logged out of my school/university account in my pc and I uninstalled authenticator app. now I can't login my account as it needs authenticator permission and when i tries to login authenticator app it also need permission from authenticator app. now I am trapped i can't even reset this app so that i can add my account from the start with QR code. please help me

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T09:13:03+00:00

    Hi, sorry about your dilemma.

    I can only say that there are some knowledgeable staff at M/soft and some who are not. If you get on a chat line with them and they are knowledgeable, then you can get your authenticator back ASAP if they are not knowledgeable, then you will spend an eternity in hell hanging on the chat line, completing daft forms to prove who you are and never going anywhere other than insane! For instance, I was asked - (things like how much was your last invoice on Skype including tax)!

    The instructions I was given I lost - I was just too happy, to relieved to get back in and had not noted how I got back in. I wish I could help you but I can't. But there is a way and M/soft are pulling the wool over our eyes about it.

    Nick

    I do remember that I initially deselected the 2FA (as it was driving me crazy! There was also some kind of tie-in/link with google that I never quite understood but it kept wanting to verify a link to that... sorry, not much use. But there IS someone out there at M/soft who knows. What's really annoying is that you have to go on a chat line and - depending how good your typing is, try to explain to somebody who may not have English as a 1st language, what your problem is. It would be far better if you could get them to call or call them and explain.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T09:21:00+00:00

    whom should I call

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-11T18:04:04+00:00

    Hi Nicholas

    I had the same issue for days just now, and when I was trawling through the forums, I came across a post that said to log into Microsoft Edge and try to access the "Security Info" settings from there - and believe it or not, it worked!!

    I didn't have the Edge browser as I am a Apple user (I know...😏) but downloaded it, launched it and logged in with my account username & password, navigated to my account settings (or "Your Profile") --> Manage Account --> clicked on Security Info and it let me in! I was also stuck in the frustrating loop of death before as it historically prompted me then to enter the code from the Microsoft Authenticator app....(you know the rest I'm sure!!). From there I could see my device that was lost, but I added a new "sign-in method" by clicking on the + sign first (I did "phone" to send me a text message instead). Then I deleted my old device and Microsoft Authenticator method and was able to log in! Weird issue a thing of the past...

    Good luck bru, hope it works for you and others!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments