How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Anonymous
2023-02-21T20:08:42+00:00

How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-17T14:05:58+00:00

    .... are just playing with fire as you found out....

    Just a slight misnomer on this retort.

    I was NOT playing with fire - my phone malfunctioned and I had to wipe it and reinstal it, then I subsequently could not access my authenticator.

    MSoft uses Hello facial password recognition - and if it's good enough to access your critical accounts, surely it's also good enough to validate your locked out accounts as well?

    M/Soft 365 help article on authenticator does not have any blaizngly obvious message (as far as I can discern) telling you that you wont get back into your account...

    Tks anyway...

    N.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-17T14:09:44+00:00

    Oh, and the online support - if you get through, also does not mention anything and simply dumps you with a security form to fill in - asking such memorable questions as "how much was the tax on your first skype call ever? and who was the last person you talked to on skype - needless to say, you get refused at every turn!

    M/soft have also some tie-in with google - why I don't know, but when you are trying to recover an account it's kind of putting you off to be asked for your google account instead..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-09T17:37:44+00:00

    Just to add to this madness. I recently sold a Pixel 7 Pro and reset the phone and didn't do anything with the authenticator app. I rolled back to a Oneplus 7 Pro which didn't have my current work email attached to the authenticator app and now when I try to add my work email I get taken to my jumpcloud which my work uses, but at every turn I am asked to provide the passcode via authenticator app, even when in the authenticator app it's asking for a code...from the authenticator app and I have no way of resetting anything. I'm going to contact our IT department and see if there is a master reset or something, but man what a pain in the a**.

    https://imgur.com/a/aTxR73t - 4 different places to try and log in and every single one asks for a passcode form Microsoft Authenticator app where I'm trying to link up my account, so I don't have a code... just seems a little flawed that there's no reset or anything. I understand if this also may be a flaw with jumpcloud and not microsoft, but still. Woof. What a headache.

    *Edit 10/3/23 - the IT guy at my work was able to solve this, which I suspected since it seemed like a jumpcloud issue in conjunction with the authenticator app. I am worried if this happens to my personal account. NicolasWade seems to have had that issue below, and it got resolved but microsoft solved it secretly. It would be helpful to go through the steps of how this gets resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-03T14:02:54+00:00

    When I try to log into microsoft account, it keeps asking for the same token. How do I disable MFA if I cannot login in the first place? Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-03T14:47:55+00:00

    I'm a little bit annoyed with Microsoft. Actually I'M VERY ANNOYED WITH MICROSOFT!!! Thank's to M/soft, they resolved my issue with Authenticator .... but I have to ask HOW? I spent ages and ages going on their chat line and patiently typing out my question while the evening ticked on by.... I think after about 1:30mins they gave up and I'd have to go back to the beginning... night after night! But suddenly, one night the operative I spoke to, trotted out a set of operations for me to do and hey Presto! ... I was suddenly alive again... phew! But WHY? ... Why if we can't recover this (as M/soft keep telling us), why should we suddenly be able to recover? I don't understand and my aching head and neck don't understand.. So M/soft, I want my life back! I want my the time I took staring at your wretched instructions to come back... I'm 68 and every day's precious to me.. Your security seems to be to layer passwords upon passwords as if that's the answer... it's not.. what about some security tokens then or whatever? And for heaven's sake, stop your meandering waffling instructions and hyperlinks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments