How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Anonymous
2023-02-21T20:08:42+00:00

How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T14:23:36+00:00

    If your account has 2 factor authentication enabled and you didn't setup backup methods and you no longer have your primary then it is impossible to recover the account. This is part of the security.

    For folks that may find this topic and are using 2 factor authentication be sure to have backup methods which can be old cell phones, tablets, email accounts, USB security keys, etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T14:35:00+00:00

    I'm just about fed up with Microsoft screwing around with security and their passwords. I've been weeks on this problem since my phone collappsed Authenticator and then Authenticator failed to load or whatever. I've been on Microsofts help for AGES... and still get zip nowhere with them.

    So finally, I went into my microsoft account and saw that there was a remove two factor security - so I went there with hello and it all looked good, I had a security key come up and copied it. But no, this miserable program wont' accept the key. I'm lost for what to do other than insult m/soft for their daft layers of security and waffle.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T16:43:39+00:00

    be sure to have backup methods which can be old cell phones, tablets, email accounts, USB security keys, etc....... that's a solution? rediculous!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T16:48:44+00:00

    No that's recommended practice for anyone using an important account.

    If you, or anyone reading this, don't have multiple up-to-date recovery methods in your account you are just playing with fire as you found out.

    If you had 2FA turned on for your account without backup methods, as you've found you won't be able to get back into your account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-16T18:49:53+00:00

    It was hard to find. Try mysignins.microsoft.com/security-info. I found that link via 'View Account' in the dropdown under the circle in the top left of the webpage when I logged into MSFT. Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments