How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Anonymous
2023-02-21T20:08:42+00:00

How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T20:58:04+00:00

    Hi, my name is Kelly, and I'm an independent consultant and I'm here to help.

    To reset the Microsoft Authenticator app for your lost device, you will need to follow these steps:

    Go to the security settings of your Microsoft account, either on a web browser or on a different device.

    Click on the "Security info" option and sign in to your account.

    Under the "Security info" section, locate the "Authenticator app" and click on "Manage".

    Click on the "Remove" option next to the lost device. This will remove the Authenticator app from the lost device.

    Set up the Microsoft Authenticator app on a new device by downloading and installing the app on your new device and then following the prompts to set up the app.

    Once you have completed these steps, you should be able to use the Microsoft Authenticator app on your new device. If you have any issues during the process, you can contact Microsoft support for further assistance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-23T19:52:25+00:00

    Hi, my name is Kelly, and I'm an independent consultant and I'm here to help.

    If you lost your device with the Microsoft Authenticator app installed and need to reset it, follow the steps below:

    Go to your Microsoft account login page and select "No longer have access to your phone?" or "No longer have access to the device?".

    On the next screen, select "Yes" to the question "Did you lose your phone?". Then select "Yes" again to confirm that you want to reset the authenticator app.

    Follow the steps to confirm your identity, which may include verifying your alternate email account or providing personal information.

    After verification, you will receive a temporary security code via email or SMS that you can use to access your Microsoft account.

    You can now install the Microsoft Authenticator app on a new device and set it up with your Microsoft account.

    Note: If you still have access to the device with the Microsoft Authenticator app installed, it's important to unlink it from your account before resetting the authenticator app. To do so, open the Microsoft Authenticator app, select the account and tap "Delete Account" to remove it from your device. This will prevent issues when resetting the authenticator app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-05-11T17:01:35+00:00

    Hi Kelly,

    I tried these steps but when I try to go to the security info page of my account to remove the old device, it's asking for code from the app. But the problem is, I no longer have access to that old phone.

    Do you happen to know any workaround for this? Thank you so much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-05-29T07:11:38+00:00

    Hi Kelly,

    What am I supposed to do if I need the Authenticator App to Log in? I no longer have access to my Authenticator App.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T14:06:34+00:00

    Missing steps here:

    Go to the security settings of your Microsoft account, either on a web browser or on a different device.
    Click on the "Security info" option and sign in to your account.

    How/where do you go for the security settings?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments