How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Anonymous
2023-02-21T20:08:42+00:00

How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T14:35:00+00:00

    I'm just about fed up with Microsoft screwing around with security and their passwords. I've been weeks on this problem since my phone collappsed Authenticator and then Authenticator failed to load or whatever. I've been on Microsofts help for AGES... and still get zip nowhere with them.

    So finally, I went into my microsoft account and saw that there was a remove two factor security - so I went there with hello and it all looked good, I had a security key come up and copied it. But no, this miserable program wont' accept the key. I'm lost for what to do other than insult m/soft for their daft layers of security and waffle.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T14:23:36+00:00

    If your account has 2 factor authentication enabled and you didn't setup backup methods and you no longer have your primary then it is impossible to recover the account. This is part of the security.

    For folks that may find this topic and are using 2 factor authentication be sure to have backup methods which can be old cell phones, tablets, email accounts, USB security keys, etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T14:06:34+00:00

    Missing steps here:

    Go to the security settings of your Microsoft account, either on a web browser or on a different device.
    Click on the "Security info" option and sign in to your account.

    How/where do you go for the security settings?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-05-29T07:11:38+00:00

    Hi Kelly,

    What am I supposed to do if I need the Authenticator App to Log in? I no longer have access to my Authenticator App.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-11T17:01:35+00:00

    Hi Kelly,

    I tried these steps but when I try to go to the security info page of my account to remove the old device, it's asking for code from the app. But the problem is, I no longer have access to that old phone.

    Do you happen to know any workaround for this? Thank you so much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments