How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Anonymous
2023-02-21T20:08:42+00:00

How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-17T14:09:44+00:00

    Oh, and the online support - if you get through, also does not mention anything and simply dumps you with a security form to fill in - asking such memorable questions as "how much was the tax on your first skype call ever? and who was the last person you talked to on skype - needless to say, you get refused at every turn!

    M/soft have also some tie-in with google - why I don't know, but when you are trying to recover an account it's kind of putting you off to be asked for your google account instead..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-17T14:05:58+00:00

    .... are just playing with fire as you found out....

    Just a slight misnomer on this retort.

    I was NOT playing with fire - my phone malfunctioned and I had to wipe it and reinstal it, then I subsequently could not access my authenticator.

    MSoft uses Hello facial password recognition - and if it's good enough to access your critical accounts, surely it's also good enough to validate your locked out accounts as well?

    M/Soft 365 help article on authenticator does not have any blaizngly obvious message (as far as I can discern) telling you that you wont get back into your account...

    Tks anyway...

    N.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-16T18:49:53+00:00

    It was hard to find. Try mysignins.microsoft.com/security-info. I found that link via 'View Account' in the dropdown under the circle in the top left of the webpage when I logged into MSFT. Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T16:48:44+00:00

    No that's recommended practice for anyone using an important account.

    If you, or anyone reading this, don't have multiple up-to-date recovery methods in your account you are just playing with fire as you found out.

    If you had 2FA turned on for your account without backup methods, as you've found you won't be able to get back into your account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T16:43:39+00:00

    be sure to have backup methods which can be old cell phones, tablets, email accounts, USB security keys, etc....... that's a solution? rediculous!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments