How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Anonymous
2023-02-21T20:08:42+00:00

How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-26T09:53:01+00:00

    there is no  "Authenticator app" 

    neither in Add a method - No "Authenticator app"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-19T19:19:47+00:00

    I just went through a similar issue. When trying to log into email on a phone or a computer with a browser, I was continually presented with a two digit code to enter into MS Authenticator. When I downloaded the Authenticator app onto the new phone and tried to add the account I was also given a two digit code to enter into Authenticator to verify who I was. Without an accessible Authenticator app I was stuck.

    Solution was

    1. Go to https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/UserManagement/MultifactorVerification.aspx and log in as an Admin
    2. Select the email account that is having the issue
    3. On the right, select "manage user settings"
    4. Select "Require selected users to provide contact methods again" and "Delete all existing app passwords generated by the selected users"
    5. Hit Save

    Once done you can add the account to the Authenticator app and it should no longer ask to to verify with a code.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-11T18:04:04+00:00

    Hi Nicholas

    I had the same issue for days just now, and when I was trawling through the forums, I came across a post that said to log into Microsoft Edge and try to access the "Security Info" settings from there - and believe it or not, it worked!!

    I didn't have the Edge browser as I am a Apple user (I know...😏) but downloaded it, launched it and logged in with my account username & password, navigated to my account settings (or "Your Profile") --> Manage Account --> clicked on Security Info and it let me in! I was also stuck in the frustrating loop of death before as it historically prompted me then to enter the code from the Microsoft Authenticator app....(you know the rest I'm sure!!). From there I could see my device that was lost, but I added a new "sign-in method" by clicking on the + sign first (I did "phone" to send me a text message instead). Then I deleted my old device and Microsoft Authenticator method and was able to log in! Weird issue a thing of the past...

    Good luck bru, hope it works for you and others!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T09:21:00+00:00

    whom should I call

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T09:13:03+00:00

    Hi, sorry about your dilemma.

    I can only say that there are some knowledgeable staff at M/soft and some who are not. If you get on a chat line with them and they are knowledgeable, then you can get your authenticator back ASAP if they are not knowledgeable, then you will spend an eternity in hell hanging on the chat line, completing daft forms to prove who you are and never going anywhere other than insane! For instance, I was asked - (things like how much was your last invoice on Skype including tax)!

    The instructions I was given I lost - I was just too happy, to relieved to get back in and had not noted how I got back in. I wish I could help you but I can't. But there is a way and M/soft are pulling the wool over our eyes about it.

    Nick

    I do remember that I initially deselected the 2FA (as it was driving me crazy! There was also some kind of tie-in/link with google that I never quite understood but it kept wanting to verify a link to that... sorry, not much use. But there IS someone out there at M/soft who knows. What's really annoying is that you have to go on a chat line and - depending how good your typing is, try to explain to somebody who may not have English as a 1st language, what your problem is. It would be far better if you could get them to call or call them and explain.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments