How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Anonymous
2023-02-21T20:08:42+00:00

How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-04T11:28:59+00:00

    Super, Thx, it helped me :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-28T17:12:40+00:00

    This just isn’t true. They absolutely can reset 2FA in the back end. It’s up to them if they want to go through the verification process.

    However you should indeed have your 2FA backed up

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-05T19:02:14+00:00

    Only Microsoft could develop an App for messaging that was as near to sending a snail-mail as possible. Honestly, trying to communicate over this dysfunctional link is nigh-on impossible! I'd be better of penning a letter and posting it to you.

    Anyway, due to the mangled wreckage of M/soft community messages, I have no idea where I am in this conversation, no idea who I'm talking to and no idea why I'm whiling away my life doing any of this rubbish.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-27T19:40:43+00:00

    Microsoft support chat line (or whatever it's called). The cr*p thing about chat help lines, is you have to suddenly be a whizz kid at keyboard touch typing. And then you have to write reams and reams of explanations that exhuast you. Whatever happend to voice coms?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-27T17:49:42+00:00

    there is no  "Authenticator app" 

    neither in Add a method - No "Authenticator app"

    Kelly. I lost my Authenticator when my mobilephone developed a problem and I had to wipe out all of my directories. After downloading Authenticator from google backup I then managed to mangle that for no good reason other than I am a complete novice at computing.

    So I was desparate to ensure my telephone number and my 'personalised' email remaind the same - call it vanity if you like, but I then spent hour upon hour, trying in vain to get Authenticator back. I contacted M/softs chat line nightly and patiently went through explaining everything to them, and they in turn fedme a load of bull - each time sending me a questionaire to complete to acess Authenticator. Thing like when did you last use Skype and what was the amount credited against your account including tax etc... yeah, like I'd know that.

    However, one night - probably it was a full moon, and the dogs were howling, I at last went onto the chat support and for a final time asked my question ... "how do I restore Authenticator?".. Amazingly, a voice came back and said do this... do that... etc... and even more amazingly, it worked! I was free...!!! But of course being dimmer than a 3 watt light bulb, I neglected to record what the Msoft Chat person said. So Kelly, I know that M/soft CAN if they choose circumvent Authenticator. NB: I have a nephew who works in IT and he tells me that M/soft says they don't look at their databases but he noticed that they did actually do something to them - basically M/soft seem to have a very selective memory! And let's face it, M/soft would look pretty stupid if they came out and said Authenticator was totally secure because they could not get in but then actually got in?.. Well, you know what I mean... porky-pies M/soft...porky-pies! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments