How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Anonymous
2023-02-21T20:08:42+00:00

How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-27T17:49:42+00:00

    there is no  "Authenticator app" 

    neither in Add a method - No "Authenticator app"

    Kelly. I lost my Authenticator when my mobilephone developed a problem and I had to wipe out all of my directories. After downloading Authenticator from google backup I then managed to mangle that for no good reason other than I am a complete novice at computing.

    So I was desparate to ensure my telephone number and my 'personalised' email remaind the same - call it vanity if you like, but I then spent hour upon hour, trying in vain to get Authenticator back. I contacted M/softs chat line nightly and patiently went through explaining everything to them, and they in turn fedme a load of bull - each time sending me a questionaire to complete to acess Authenticator. Thing like when did you last use Skype and what was the amount credited against your account including tax etc... yeah, like I'd know that.

    However, one night - probably it was a full moon, and the dogs were howling, I at last went onto the chat support and for a final time asked my question ... "how do I restore Authenticator?".. Amazingly, a voice came back and said do this... do that... etc... and even more amazingly, it worked! I was free...!!! But of course being dimmer than a 3 watt light bulb, I neglected to record what the Msoft Chat person said. So Kelly, I know that M/soft CAN if they choose circumvent Authenticator. NB: I have a nephew who works in IT and he tells me that M/soft says they don't look at their databases but he noticed that they did actually do something to them - basically M/soft seem to have a very selective memory! And let's face it, M/soft would look pretty stupid if they came out and said Authenticator was totally secure because they could not get in but then actually got in?.. Well, you know what I mean... porky-pies M/soft...porky-pies! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-26T09:53:01+00:00

    there is no  "Authenticator app" 

    neither in Add a method - No "Authenticator app"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T09:21:00+00:00

    whom should I call

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T09:13:03+00:00

    Hi, sorry about your dilemma.

    I can only say that there are some knowledgeable staff at M/soft and some who are not. If you get on a chat line with them and they are knowledgeable, then you can get your authenticator back ASAP if they are not knowledgeable, then you will spend an eternity in hell hanging on the chat line, completing daft forms to prove who you are and never going anywhere other than insane! For instance, I was asked - (things like how much was your last invoice on Skype including tax)!

    The instructions I was given I lost - I was just too happy, to relieved to get back in and had not noted how I got back in. I wish I could help you but I can't. But there is a way and M/soft are pulling the wool over our eyes about it.

    Nick

    I do remember that I initially deselected the 2FA (as it was driving me crazy! There was also some kind of tie-in/link with google that I never quite understood but it kept wanting to verify a link to that... sorry, not much use. But there IS someone out there at M/soft who knows. What's really annoying is that you have to go on a chat line and - depending how good your typing is, try to explain to somebody who may not have English as a 1st language, what your problem is. It would be far better if you could get them to call or call them and explain.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-03T21:03:35+00:00

    I'm a little bit annoyed with Microsoft. Actually I'M VERY ANNOYED WITH MICROSOFT!!! Thank's to M/soft, they resolved my issue with Authenticator .... but I have to ask HOW? I spent ages and ages going on their chat line and patiently typing out my question while the evening ticked on by.... I think after about 1:30mins they gave up and I'd have to go back to the beginning... night after night! But suddenly, one night the operative I spoke to, trotted out a set of operations for me to do and hey Presto! ... I was suddenly alive again... phew! But WHY? ... Why if we can't recover this (as M/soft keep telling us), why should we suddenly be able to recover? I don't understand and my aching head and neck don't understand.. So M/soft, I want my life back! I want my the time I took staring at your wretched instructions to come back... I'm 68 and every day's precious to me.. Your security seems to be to ladle passwords upon passwords as if that's the answer... it's not.. what about some security tokens then or whatever?

    Any chance you could share the set of operations?
    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments