How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Anonymous
2023-02-21T20:08:42+00:00

How Can i reset authenticator app? I need to reset authenticator app for My lost device

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-16T18:49:53+00:00

    It was hard to find. Try mysignins.microsoft.com/security-info. I found that link via 'View Account' in the dropdown under the circle in the top left of the webpage when I logged into MSFT. Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T16:43:39+00:00

    be sure to have backup methods which can be old cell phones, tablets, email accounts, USB security keys, etc....... that's a solution? rediculous!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T14:23:36+00:00

    If your account has 2 factor authentication enabled and you didn't setup backup methods and you no longer have your primary then it is impossible to recover the account. This is part of the security.

    For folks that may find this topic and are using 2 factor authentication be sure to have backup methods which can be old cell phones, tablets, email accounts, USB security keys, etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-11T18:04:04+00:00

    Hi Nicholas

    I had the same issue for days just now, and when I was trawling through the forums, I came across a post that said to log into Microsoft Edge and try to access the "Security Info" settings from there - and believe it or not, it worked!!

    I didn't have the Edge browser as I am a Apple user (I know...😏) but downloaded it, launched it and logged in with my account username & password, navigated to my account settings (or "Your Profile") --> Manage Account --> clicked on Security Info and it let me in! I was also stuck in the frustrating loop of death before as it historically prompted me then to enter the code from the Microsoft Authenticator app....(you know the rest I'm sure!!). From there I could see my device that was lost, but I added a new "sign-in method" by clicking on the + sign first (I did "phone" to send me a text message instead). Then I deleted my old device and Microsoft Authenticator method and was able to log in! Weird issue a thing of the past...

    Good luck bru, hope it works for you and others!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-23T19:52:25+00:00

    Hi, my name is Kelly, and I'm an independent consultant and I'm here to help.

    If you lost your device with the Microsoft Authenticator app installed and need to reset it, follow the steps below:

    Go to your Microsoft account login page and select "No longer have access to your phone?" or "No longer have access to the device?".

    On the next screen, select "Yes" to the question "Did you lose your phone?". Then select "Yes" again to confirm that you want to reset the authenticator app.

    Follow the steps to confirm your identity, which may include verifying your alternate email account or providing personal information.

    After verification, you will receive a temporary security code via email or SMS that you can use to access your Microsoft account.

    You can now install the Microsoft Authenticator app on a new device and set it up with your Microsoft account.

    Note: If you still have access to the device with the Microsoft Authenticator app installed, it's important to unlink it from your account before resetting the authenticator app. To do so, open the Microsoft Authenticator app, select the account and tap "Delete Account" to remove it from your device. This will prevent issues when resetting the authenticator app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments